Sunday 22 August 2010

FILM - Research & Planning: Soundtrack

THE SOUNDTRACK

I've never written a soundtrack for anything before, but because having an effective soundtrack is so vital to my film, I'm gonna have to give it a try. But, I'll need some help: here are my interviews with Louis Vause, piano player and music expert.

Here is the link to the first part, where he tells me about:

-A quick history of early 20th century music composers.
-A quick history of Ennio Morricone.
-How Morricone's life shaped Spaghetti Western music.
-Morricone's low budget and his interest in minimalist soundtracks.
-Morricone's mix of non-diagetic and the diagetic sounds.

Here is the link to the second part, where he shows me the more practical aspect of writing the soundtrack, using a demonstration on the piano.

Using this information, I will now go and try and write a soundtrack for my film using Garageband. With no orchestra. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment