Friday 6 August 2010

FILM - Health and Safety

TRYING NOT TO GET HURT FILMING
Some of the things I will write about here may seem ridiculous, but if I was to fall off of a 25 ft roof onto flat stone, I would be deeply upset. And probably dead.
Scene 1 One shot is taken from the roof for an establishing shot. I will ensure safety by not going on top of the wall when filming. As I said, I would really rather not fall off the roof.
High above the trees: great for interesting camera shots, bad for falling off.















Scene 2

The main problem is that there is no paths to the location, which is quite out of the way in a field. I will need to get people to help bring down props such as the grave and the guns, as well as water, a fall mat and the camera.
The water will be important because it is very hot and we will be filming for hours.
The fall-mat, a hard large mat, will be useful if I need to film a low angle - I can position myself on the floor without getting hurt, and for the Mexican's death scene. (The floor was covered by many spiky plants, so the mat was very important).
I will bring gardening gloves to remove and particularly spikey plants and rocks.


Spiky plants and rocks: great for filming a scene set in a harsh environment, bad for lying down on.



In both scenes the floor will be a hard stone, so a drop for the camera would completely destroy it. I will make sure to use the safety-wrist attachment  to make sure that it doesn't fall if I was to let go of it. I am also taking the camera and props to Italy on the plane. I will carefully wrap them so as to ensure they make the flight too and from Italy.

1 comment:

  1. Good.Have you considered the safety of the actors?

    V.R.

    ReplyDelete