Saturday 2 October 2010

POSTER - Modern Products

CAPTURING A MODERN AUDIENCE


I'm guessing you will have noticed that my post on Spaghetti-Western posters was only looking at old products. Although they are very stylised and so can appeal to audiences today for their their uniqueness, it would be good to look at any sort of popular modern cowboy product.

Que Rockstar's 'RED DEAD REDEMPTION':

Red Dead Redemption is the hugely successful, very popular, critically acclaimed, award winning video game. It sold over 2 million units in the combined months of May and June. And it is, genre-wise, a Spaghetti-Western. Just like my film! The poster is then of course a good one to analyse. 

There is a huge chance that the poster designers for Red Dead Redemption looked at the same type of posters that I looked at, as elements are hugely similar. The fonts, the blood red colours, the gun, and the cartoon, non-photographic styled images. If I am clever with my poster, I can make people think about Red Dead Redemption, and it will work the other way around as well.

It will be cool if I ever get a poster this big, though I don't know where I'd put it. As you can see though,  Red Dead had a fairly 'huge' marketing campaign, and the posters were particularly useful as the strong reds/whites/blacks and eye catching depictions were extremely eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment