Tuesday 20 July 2010

FILM - Film Title

WHAT WILL MY FILM BE CALLED?

I can tell you, coming up with a title has been hard. Surprisingly it is harder to pin down what the unique selling point of my short film might be, even though less happens. So, after a few frustrating days, I'm going to go with: 'Spaghetti Western'. This was always a working title, but its stuck and I've thought about the positives. Its slightly humorous, as my film is a western movie filmed in Italy, while it uses all the conventions of and essentially is a recreation of a traditional spaghetti western film. So it is a 'Spaghetti Western' in more than one way.I think that it sounds intriguing also, so may help to intice an audience, fans of the films of the 60s and those who have never even heard of one before. To entirely convince myself, I conducted and asked people what they thought of the title.

Audience feedback found surprisingly that potential female viewers were in fact intrigued by the title enough that they wanted to see it, even though they didn't know what a Spaghetti Western film is. So perhaps the title works well for people who do and don't know what the spaghetti western film genre is.

No comments:

Post a Comment